Thursday, February 13, 2014

SHARING OUR WORK. . .Obituary Database Spotlighted

I wanted to share a letter I received recently.  Yes, I'm bragging  because I'm very proud of this database which has records from the 1800s to current.   However, I would never take full credit for this project because there were so many staff and volunteers who's efforts made the completion of this project possible.  Sylvia Moore, Reference/IT Assistant Manager, worked very hard on this project in every aspect.  There were staff from the branch libraries who entered data.  We hired college students who gleaned names from microfilm.  We are also very grateful for the help from volunteers like Margaret and Johnny Whitehead.  This project would never have gotten completed without everyone's efforts. 

This is an ongoing project and the Library's reference staff adding obituaries from the current Pine Bluff Commercial daily.  

Check out our database by following the link below and typing in a name: